What is the Yampa Valley Green Business Program?
The Yampa Valley Green Business Program (YVGBP), a regional program under a state initiative created in partnership with Colorado Green Business Network and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, is a voluntary and free program to encourage and reward local businesses for making sustainable changes. The program allows local businesses to grow sustainably and receive recognition for their achievements in environmental performance.
How it works
The YVGBP will allow local businesses to achieve environmental sustainability through two approaches:
1. Providing free consultations to businesses through both onsite and offsite assessments
2. Recognizing and rewarding local businesses for the changes they make
Why register for the YVGP?
By registering for the YVGBP, local businesses can expect to reduce operational costs, input costs, dispersal costs, risk and liability. By participating local businesses can also expect an increase in performance, reputation, customer preference, and worker satisfaction.
• Online business assessments
• On and off site assessments
• Technical support, education, and training
• Connections locally and throughout the state
• Recognition on local and state levels