MARCH 14, 2016 BY
As we recover from daylight savings and enjoy the warmer weather, naturally we begin spring cleaning. Below are some spring maintenance tips from Complete Home Inspection Services, LLC.
Spring Maintenance Tips:
- Check for damage to your roof once snow melts. Have a professional repair or replace any damaged shingles or roofing materials and flashings.
- Check all fascia, soffits and exterior trim for deterioration. Repair any deteriorated caulking. Stain or paint trim to protect against weathering & deterioration.
- Clean gutters and repair any leaks in seams and connections.
- Clean dryer venting (annually) for efficient drying of clothes and to reduce fire risk.
- Have an HVAC contractor inspect, clean and tune your heating system as recommended by the manufacturer. Furnace filters should be checked and cleaned or replaced every 1-2 months during heating season.
- Check your water heater for rust, leaks, disconnected flues.
- Check your fire extinguishers. Install them in garage and kitchen.
- Check and replace back up batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean kitchen exhaust hood/filter.
- Repair cracked and damaged driveway and walkway surfaces.
- Check all shut off valves on plumbing for excessive corrosion or leaks.